Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 9:25:54 PM EDT
Hey all,

I find myself in need of a copy of the War of the Rebellion: Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies and the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War of the Rebellion in PDF. Does anyone know where I can download the set? I know some people have digitized the sets and sell them on CD on Amazon, but I'm looking for the PDFs.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all,

I find myself in need of a copy of the War of the Rebellion: Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies and the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War of the Rebellion in PDF. Does anyone know where I can download the set? I know some people have digitized the sets and sell them on CD on Amazon, but I'm looking for the PDFs.

Thanks.
View Quote

archive.org
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I was offered a hard copy of the entire set for free once.  I turned it down because of the lack of space.  

I have a CD.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not only a Lardo-American, but apparently also a neo-Luddite. How do I use Archive.org?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not only a Lardo-American, but apparently also a neo-Luddite. How do I use Archive.org?
View Quote
Near the top of the page, there is a search box, to the right of where it says sign in (which you don't need to do).

Put in your search term, for example, "War of the Rebellion", and it will give you the items uploaded already.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=war%20of%20the%20rebellion

Search terms- Official records of the union and confederate navies

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Official%20Records%20of%20the%20Union%20and%20Confederate%20Navies
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Killer!

I now officially take back three of the things I've said about Texas over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top