WARBIRD INFO EXCHANGE

Ulithi....

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat!

Thank God it didnt come to that
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's amazing how quickly the atoll was converted to a bunch of islands into a major naval base to prosecute operations in the Western Pacific. A definite tribute to American efficiency and ingenuity.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My beloved BB-55. 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting to read some of the posts on the "WarBird Exchange".  Thanks for posting this OP.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My beloved BB-55. 
View Quote
My dad served on BB56 for almost 6 years.   When he was 58 or so we took him and my mom down to see BB55.  It was like watching him as a 20 year old scurrying all over the ship.   It all came to a screeching stop when we got  to the galley.  "They had TWO ice cream makers?   We only had ONE!  Well we did always call her 'The Showboat.' "
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top