Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2002 8:19:04 AM EDT
Who was the Nazi leader with Jewish heritage? My professor and I could both not remember his name, but i suggested that it may have been Goering. Any body know? Mike
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:19:14 AM EDT
the two most famous would be: 1: adolph hilter who was anywhere 1/4 to 1/2 2: reinhard heydrich who was 1/2 there were many others in the high command and in the armed services who were given exemption from the 1935 laws. steve
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:28:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:26:56 AM EDT
IF I was a Liberal, my smart ass response would be Henry Kissinger. I'm not, tho. John
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:18:43 PM EDT
None of the above. It was Erhard Milch, the top general in the Luftwaffe at one point- Inspector of Fighters (?). His father was partly Jewish. Milch's mother was forced to sign an affidavit claiming (falsely) that she had committed adultery, and sired an Aryan bastard- Milch. Otherwise, it would have been the ovens for her and everybody else in their family, had Milch also not been so high-ranking in the power strucure as well as necessary to the nascent Luftwaffe in the 1930's. As I recall from history lessons, one had to be able to prove one had had no Jewish blood relatives since 1750 in order to get into the Nazi party.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:33:40 AM EDT
interesting side note: there is a new book out at barne's and noble - "hitler's jewish soldiers" they show evidence of a few dozen cases of an estimated 150,000 half and quater jewish soldiers in the wermacht. the higer ranking ones were given personal exemptions signed by hitler himself! steve
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:08:51 PM EDT
I'd think most think of Heydrich
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:17:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have any links or info that states Heydrich had any Jewish blood in him? I have read a few bios about him and the only info I have uncovered was that he was teased related to rumors as a child one of them being that his fathers mother had remarried a man with a Jewish sounding name after his father had been born. I have seen absolutely no data to point that he was 1/2 Jewish and in fact that should have prohibited him from joining the SS per the rules of Mischlinge.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:36:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2002 8:50:13 AM EDT by steveM5]
not proof but an interesting inference. in the german version of the 'wansee' (?)conference, there is a dramatic scene where there is an argument at the main table between a partly 'blow-hard' and another wehrmacht officer in regards to men of jewish blood in the high ranks of the reich. the officer does not name names, but defends these part jews very strongly. the character that plays heydrich is not present at the table, but is taking an aside with some of his officers. the playing of the camera angle, the dialogue etc - infers something very strongly.... perhaps it needs to be seen. and if you were not aware of the controversy - it might be missed all together.... again - this was a movie (vastly better then the hbo version IMHO) but.... to find proof - perhaps interviewing relatives or searching the bundesarchiv is the only way. the only one who might really know is his widow lina - assuming she is still alive or even willing to talk about it. in a modern setting is there any 'proof' that monica lewinsky performed oral sex on bill clinton? can you PROVE what you had for breakfast a week ago? steve
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:17:51 AM EDT
Heydrich and his father were so violently antisemitic you wonder if there was some reason for it in their family history. Guess we will never know for sure.
Top Top