Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/27/2002 6:42:35 AM EDT
"What, What! Men, dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance?"
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:45:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Grin_N_Barrett: "What, What! Men, dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance?"
View Quote
probably some officer about to take a sniper round to the head.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:50:52 AM EDT
Hannibal ? ,( well you did mention elephants), realy sounds more like something Patton would have said.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:51:05 AM EDT
General John Sedgwick What's the prize?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:55:26 AM EDT
Yeah it's Sedgwick,and he did get popped by a sniper just after saying that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:19:54 PM EDT
Sedgewick it was. One of my favorite quotes in history. The prize isn't much. I'll give ya an xtra door prize ticket if you make it to BRC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:53:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Grin_N_Barrett: Sedgewick it was. One of my favorite quotes in history. The prize isn't much. I'll give ya an xtra door prize ticket if you make it to BRC.
View Quote
I would love to go, but its a hike from NC!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:52:45 PM EDT
Sedwick, IIRC, at Gettysburg. Right before a Southron sniper popped his top :-D Scott
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:10:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rn45: I think Sedgewick said something like: "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dis- " The sniper popped him before he could finish the sentence. That information was from the recent History Channel special on snipers.
View Quote
Yes, that is the reported actual quote.... Scott
Top Top