Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/3/2002 12:21:42 PM EDT
Can you have one receiver and switch between pistol and rifle/carbine configurations? I know in CA you need to report that you own a pistol within 90 days, so couldn’t you build it into a pistol for a range trip then strip it down and put it back together as a rifle? I know you can’t have the butstock attached otherwise it would be an illegal SBR. Or would it have to be a pistol that can be converted into a rifle, instead of the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:31:43 PM EDT
no,you cant. a pistol receiver mustbe registered as such. also, to have the pistol be legal, is would take some SERIOUS custom work (were not even sure if its possiblew/o use ofa kevlar receiver) any way you slice it, its not legal. well, i guess if it were a registered class III machine gun lower it wouldnt matter, but im sure thats not the case.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:35:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mattsd: no,you cant. a pistol receiver mustbe registered as such. also, to have the pistol be legal, is would take some SERIOUS custom work (were not even sure if its possiblew/o use ofa kevlar receiver) any way you slice it, its not legal. well, i guess if it were a registered class III machine gun lower it wouldnt matter, but im sure thats not the case.
View Quote
Olympic has done it. See [url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/oa-98.htm[/url] to see what they had to do to get the weight under 50 ounces... An AOW AR for $5 transfer fits the bill! All the features, but has the dimensions of the AR pistol! mark
Top Top