Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2002 11:18:40 AM EDT
i've been wondering about this, and i can't find any legislation or provisions for a citizen to have a legal short barreled rifle in Michigan. if so, what would it cost to register one if i were to buy or build one?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:22:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:12:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:08:09 PM EDT
Well your generic select fire MP5's and uzi type SBR's are verboten for us mere mortals in michigan. But i know for a fact that SBR's and NFA toys that are on the [b]C&R list[/b] are completely legal in michigan for us peasants. provided you have a valid C&R FFL [b]and[/b] can get the head flatfoot {chief law enforcement officer}in your area to do a signoff for it. on i think what is known as a form 4.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:11:11 PM EDT
well, i guess i should give that idea up, as i called him a stupid cocksucker when i turned in my equipment and resigned as a marine deputy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 3:39:55 PM EDT
ok, so i get a cr license, no big deal, but there are no ar's on the cr list, what other good guns are on the cr list
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:26:35 PM EDT
ok, so i get a cr license, no big deal, but there are no ar's on the cr list, what other good guns are on the cr list
View Quote
its more or less a question of what you can afford. heres a "LITTLE" generic list,provided ou can find one for sale M-60's M2 browning 50 cals M 1919's M-14's thompson subguns M2 carbine's riesing's s&w model 76's madsen's soumi's {finland} ppsh 41's sten's armalite ar-18's or just about ANY WW2 era sub gun,machine gun or belt fed weapon you can think of.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:42:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2002 7:48:30 AM EDT by drfcolt]
M-60 and M-14 are not C&R. M-14 intruduced about 1955 and M-60 about 1960 and not on BATF C&R list by name. Also, not all Thompsons are C&R. Specifically West-Hurley guns that are NOT "WW II Commorative" models. ALL WH guns were made in the early 1980's. Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:23:59 PM EDT
DRFCOLT, some C&R guns are listed by serial number not by their date of manufacture If I listed [B]exactly[B] what variants of particular guns were on the ATF's C&R listing in verbatum be cutting and pasting till next year.
M-60 and M-14 are not C&R.
View Quote
Some early ones (very very few) actually did make it on the C&R list. "look again" I've actually seen an unfired M-14 still in the grease for sale and listed as C&R. As for the M-60, It was listed on a dealers web site as "C&R listed". if I run across it again I will post it.
Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.
View Quote
I never said when a military gun turns 50 it automatically goes on the list. I was saying that "just about ANY" meaning [red]most[/red] guns that on the c&r list are 50+ years old. There are exceptions, like the S&W model 76 as I recall the ones that are c&r listed are done so by serial number. My intent was to simply give an "idea" what was on the C&R listing Please note I said [b]"an idea"[/b] [red]not[/red] an "exact" listing. if you want an exact list, You can mull through the stack of legal jargon that is the updated batf C&R listing at www.batf.gov
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:06:28 AM EDT
[b]Also not a 50+ year-old military weapon, which automatically makes it C&R.[/b] What I was saying is that you are right. According to the BATF list, any miliary weapon that is 50+ years old is automatically on the C&R. Also, your right, there are exceptions. But I know that, no way, any M-60 can qualify as C&R. M-14's, maybe, as prototypes, but I doubt it.
Top Top