Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2002 7:27:57 PM EDT
I know with a post-ban you can only have 2 of the 5 evils, but my ? is, can you have a post- ban with a threaded barrel end to make the change from differnt types of muzzle brakes or nothing at all, I'm talking about getting a pre-ban 16" upper and removing the bayonet lug and then I would have only 2 of the 5 evils. I don't want to be committed to one type of muzzle brake since sometimes I shoot at a in- door range (in the winter) and a outdoor range in the summer, don't want to piss off the other shooters in the winter with a LOUD muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:09:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:21:09 PM EDT
The 2 evils I'm refering to is the pistol grip, and the detachable mag. On the other hand, on a post-ban with a 16" barrel can the muzzle brake be made so I can remove it for the winter time ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:31:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:36:59 PM EDT
Doesn't one of the qualifying factors of a threaded postban have to be that the current muzzle brake is welded on so that it is permanent? That kinda makes your indoor issue a bit of a problem. Maybe you should look into getting a sleeve made for the brake so that you could "turn it off" by covering the ports. Just an idea that would solve your problems.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:05:07 AM EDT
minman: No - on a 16" or longer post-ban, the device only has to be permanent if the barrel underneath is threaded for a flash suppressor. If the barrel is not threaded, or not threaded with a thread which will accept a flash suppressor, the muzzle device does not have to be permanently attached - unless the muzzle device is also being used to bring the barrel up to 16" or longer to avoid regulation and tax as an SBR.
Top Top