Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 4:01:59 AM EDT
I am building a Semi Auto UZI with a parts kit from DandD Sales. I comes with a folding stock which I will have to weld open to be compliant with the 94 ban. My question is, if I modify a M11 Druganov style stock to fit my UZI will that be legal? It won't be collapsable but it is short. I feel it would look better than a welded stock or that ugly wood UZI stock. What do you guys think? One more question. If I do this, am I in violation of the law if I keep my folding UZI stock (unattached of course) just b/c I own a UZI and a folding stock? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the installed stock will not fold it should be 922(v) compliant. I understand some have Bayo. Lugs. So, if it does, this will also need to be removed.

Now, here is where you run into problems. 922(r) states that you cannot build an unimportable rifle from more than 10 imported parts. So, you will need a certain number of US Made Parts.

Here is the ATF list of 20 parts. You need to have less than 10 foreign parts from this list:

(1)  Receiver
(2)  Barrel
(3)  Barrel Extension
(4)  Trunion
(5)  Muzzle Brake/Flash Hider
(6)  Bolt
(7)  Bolt Carrier
(8)  Charging Handle (Operating Rod)
(9)  Gas Piston
(10) Trigger Housing
(11) Trigger
(12) Hammer
(13) Sear
(14) Disconnector
(15) Buttstock
(16) Pistol Grip
(17) Handgaurds
(18) Magazine Body
(19) Magazine Follower
(20) Magazine Floorplate
View Quote

The following are a listing of Uzi Parts or parts that may be on an Uzi. I am not familiar, but I know a number of these aren't on Uzis.

(01)  Receiver *
(02)  Barrel *
(03)  Barrel Extension
(04)  Trunion *
(05)  Bolt *
(06)  Bolt Carrier
(07)  Charging Handle (Operating Rod) *
(08) Trigger Housing *
(09) Trigger *
(10) Hammer *
(11) Sear/Disconnector *
(12) Buttstock *
(13) Pistol Grip *
(14) Handgaurds *
(15) Magazine Body *
(16) Magazine Follower *
(17) Magazine Floorplate *
View Quote

The Uzi definitely has 15 of the 17 (marked with a star). As far as Barrel Extension and Bolt Carrier, I really don't know if it has these.

If it doesn't you will need 5 US Parts. If it has 1 then you will need 6 US Parts. If it has both, then you will need 7 US Parts.

US Magazine = 3 Parts
US Receiver = 1 Part
US Stock    - 1 Part

So, assuming it doesn't have a Bolt Carrier or Barrel Extension, a US Receiver, Stock, and Magazine will be enough to make it legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top