Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 5:20:29 AM EDT
Hello, folks!
Looking for a bit of advise here. Back in 93, I assembled an AR15 carbine from parts of various manufacturers. The upper and lower receiver from Eagle Arms, bolt carrier assembly and carbine stock from Bushmaster, BBl from Olympic Arms, etc, etc...

At the time that I built this rifle, I had no idea that I might later need to prove that the rifle was indeed a complete rifle at the time of the ban in order to maintain its pre-ban status.

Now I see that I must.

I am the holder of the FFL that originally received the stripped lower and upper receivers. I can prove that I had possession of the lower receiver prior to the ban, because it is logged in my bound book. The problem is, is that I no longer have the original receipts on many of the other parts. The parts I do still have the receipts on that are dated way prior to the ban, are the BBL, carbine stock, and fire control parts. The rest, including receipts for the upper A1 style receiver, probably were tossed.

Would I be in violation of the law if this rifle is maintained in its pre-ban status? It would piss me to have to configure it to a post ban gun, but to me its not worth the risk of being in violation of the law.

What say you experts?

TK
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Same dielema here when I did the SBR thing, Ask them what was an AW ban in 93? Its had a barrel the whole time.  ATF asked about my '88 lower configuration, told them I was only owner since '88, no resale intended, thus NO registration/tax required until I sell the complete rifle, what is AW ban in '88? I have my receipt, and 4473,,,,, I won.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top