Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 7:45:06 AM EDT
Is there any sort of ruling on de-militarizing a bayonet lug so as to render it incapable of securing a bayonet? I remember seeing a few back in 1995, but they seemed to have dried up. Saleen
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:47:49 AM EDT
Only if you want to put it on a post-ban rifle. A bayonet lug is one of those "evil features" doncha know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:02:12 AM EDT
I assume you mean you can only install it on a pre-ban rifle, in which case why de-mil it. So, I guess it is still considered a bayonet lug if it is not functional? Wierd, er, I mean, ATF. Saleen
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:43:14 PM EDT
If you can't secure a bayonet to it then it's not a bayonet lug. I've seen people who cut the ears off the lug to be legal but I haven't seen any ruling on it. You have to remember the average LEO will be able to identify your rifle as an AR, and not much else.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:51:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:24:21 AM EDT
I understand that, but I'm more concerned with an ATF agent than a local cop. My FFL allows them to do their friendly "pop-ins" to make sure I am legal. What I want to do is start putting some kits together that closely resemble pre-bans. Something like an M-4 profile barrel that is 16" including the wilson comp. I just think the faux bayonet lug would go a long way towards making the package look "real". Any thoughts? Saleen
Top Top