Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 10:01:50 PM EDT
i stopped at a pawnshop in Galveston TEXAS today..just to see if i could find any treasures
behind the gun counter was a series 181 mini 14 with a mwg 90 round drum mag..the price was 329.86 out the door..but...this thing has been turned into a "pistol" prior to 1990 per the owner of the store. he got it in april of 1990 from a customer(he bragged about getting it for 110 dollars with just 2 factory 20 rnd mags)he will provide documetation as to it's configuration..but i wanna know  was it legal prior to the 1990 and 1994 gun restriction laws to turn a rifle into a pistol? it looks very similair to the iver johnson enforcerpistol made from a .30 carbine .. please any info would be greatly appreciated. i put 25.00 bucks down on the gun to hold ittill i caoul find out more about the laws concerning this.. the owner of the store has had an ffl for almost 22 yrs
thanx john in houston
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
after speaking with the store owner ..it seems he forgot to tell me it was registerd as a sbr
 .... makes a big difference now ... i told  him if he wants to sell it he has to tell these things up front ....
john
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top