Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/10/2002 10:01:50 PM EDT
i stopped at a pawnshop in Galveston TEXAS today..just to see if i could find any treasures behind the gun counter was a series 181 mini 14 with a mwg 90 round drum mag..the price was 329.86 out the door..but...this thing has been turned into a "pistol" prior to 1990 per the owner of the store. he got it in april of 1990 from a customer(he bragged about getting it for 110 dollars with just 2 factory 20 rnd mags)he will provide documetation as to it's configuration..but i wanna know was it legal prior to the 1990 and 1994 gun restriction laws to turn a rifle into a pistol? it looks very similair to the iver johnson enforcerpistol made from a .30 carbine .. please any info would be greatly appreciated. i put 25.00 bucks down on the gun to hold ittill i caoul find out more about the laws concerning this.. the owner of the store has had an ffl for almost 22 yrs thanx john in houston
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:59:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:33:08 PM EDT
after speaking with the store owner ..it seems he forgot to tell me it was registerd as a sbr .... makes a big difference now ... i told him if he wants to sell it he has to tell these things up front .... john
Top Top