Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2001 10:19:43 PM EDT
Trading mags to a guy in MA, I've never done business there before and want to make sure hicaps are fine there.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just so you don't think anyone here is ignoring you I'll check with the GOAL Website [url]www.goal.org[/url]

No joy... I would be leary of making the transaction through the mail. If the person you are trading with doesn't have a LTC-A then don't sell/ trade, you would just be bringing a world of HURT on yourself. The class "A" is the only license where you can own "Large Capacity Weapons".

Contact GOAL via e-mail (they might be closed for the next couple of days) and ask them. The laws are so screwy around here, I can go into NH and pick one up without any problem but I can't buy them in state.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

This subject has come up before. Take a look here:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=65372[/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70595[/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=77027[/url]

Should tell you what you want to know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the assistance, that was very helpful.

So if I can get this fella to send me a photocopy of his "Class A High Capacity LTC" in his name, do you think it would be okay to ship him the mags?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No joy... I would be leary of making the transaction through the mail. If the person you are trading with doesn't have a LTC-A then don't sell/ trade, you would just be bringing a world of HURT on yourself. The class "A" is the only license where you can own "Large Capacity Weapons".
View Quote

This says it like it really is...

"...you must have a class A LTC for hicap pistol mags, and a class B (or class A) for hicap rifle/shotgun feeding devices."

Bottom line is Class A for hicap pistol, Class B for hicap rifle/shotgun.

mark

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you for the assistance, that was very helpful.

So if I can get this fella to send me a photocopy of his "Class A High Capacity LTC" in his name, do you think it would be okay to ship him the mags?
View Quote

Require both sides, the front has the classification, and the back the picture and fingerprint along with address and any restrictions. Some CLEO’s will put a restriction such as “Can Carry but not Large Capacity”. Though this sounds ridicules the issuing officer can place restrictions like this in the Commie-weath of the Peoples Republik of Massholia.

I don't know about shipping the mags, suppose if you sent them broken down and in two different containers then technically you are only shipping parts. Then again IANAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top