Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 1:09:11 AM EDT

i was reading a post in the rifles, uppers, etc
and i read something to the effect that it is not legal to own a lower with the sear holes present in a semi or non registered state...now what i'm curious about is that this past august i was at a gun show and was looking at a colt 9mm with the sear holes present..the guy told me it was from a police station and he only wanted around 1k or a little less for it.  if i would have bought it would it be legal or have to be registered as class 3?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It seems that some gun show sellers have no problem selling you something that is illegal . I really don't want to see regulations passed concerning gun show sales but would like to see some of these guys spend some time in jail for selling illegal guns to people .
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
NO...it would not be legal to register as a Class 3 for a regular citizen.  If you would have purchased it you would / could be in serious trouble as far as the ATF is concerned.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top