Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2001 1:50:17 PM EDT
Howdy,

I understand that "assault weapons" made after Sep. 1994 can only be sold to LE Agencies, LEOs for duty use, and the government.

However, I was wondering if anyone can anwer this question:

Can I build a post-ban "assault weapon" using a lower receiver manufactured after 9-94 if I am going to use the weapon as an on-duty patrol rifle?  Does the lower receiver have to be marked Government/Law Enforcement Use Only?  Does it have to have a date of manufacture stampped on it?

I could go through the trouble of getting the necessary paperwork for a complete LE Only gun, but I could save some money if I built it up myself, and I could get exactly what I want.

Thanks,

Landric
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Simply, no.

You could get a LEO stripped lower and build it I suppose, but I am sure you would have to do the "Dept Letterhead" route so it wouldn't really save you any hassles. I don't think you could build a rifle cheaper than a LEO anyway. Certainly not enough to make it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top