Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 8:09:45 AM EDT
I am visiting from FL, and know that PN has reciprocity with FL.  I am considering visiting Philly, but don't know whether I can legally carry in the city or not.  Anybody help here???  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If Pennsylvania has full reciprocity with Florida, you should be OK.  Make SURE the recip. agreement is complete, and you should probably  print out as much of it as you can & keep it with you.  Philly enforces the laws its own ways.  It's not near as bad as NYC compared to NYS, but it wants to be.

Did that make any sense?  I used to live in NYS & presently work in PA.  Several of my coworkers have the PA carry license.  Generally, PA is pretty reasonable.  Philly?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, Philly tried to pass a law years ago that would only allow Philly-issued CCL's to be valid within the city.  This was shot down by the state, as the state law says a STATE issued CCL is valid anywhere in the STATE.  HTH.

Andy
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys...I shouldn't even have to ask this question, since the highest PA state authority has said it is "ok.  I have never understood how a city can grant less rights than the state says they must...( I think it has something to do with "compelling local interest")   It's good to hear that Philly has not become like NYC, and I'm happy that PA has recently gotten reciprocity with FL.  Now, if only NJ were a free state as well!  I'll be happy to be back in FL tomorrow, safe sound, and in a relatively free state.   Sorry for you guys that have to live up here and deal with this crap every day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top