Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 11:10:38 AM EDT
I have a post ban upper that has a muzzle brake attached. It looks similar to the standard brake, with cut slots (not "fake ones") and is attached to what appears to be my threaded barrel. It looks like there is a lock washer in between-and also is pinned in the bottom-but not welded or soldered.  It is also "oversized" so that a bayonet could not fit over it, and also the end is closed except for the hole for the bullet-not open like military type.

Is this legal to use on a post ban rifle? I have heard as long as it is pinned you are ok and as long as it is pinned and soldered over you are ok, and as long as it is pinned, but not a actual muzzle brake(no 'real' slots) you are ok...
Does anybody know what is ok? Ok?

I have looked arund on this site but have only found many different, not absolute opinions.

Does soldering the brake on affect the barrel having to heat it that high-and is it absolutely necessary if it is already pinned?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I dont think my pin is welded over-I will check and do it if not!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy, I wonder what you meant by saying "As for the muzzle brake itself, it should be fine".  Are you saying the way the brake's attached is okay for a postban???

plz advise, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Brake/flash enhancers are legal on a "Post-Ban". If installed to a threaded barrel, must be permantly attached to be legal via the threaded barrel. NO flash suppressor/muzzle cans allowed on a post ban.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top