Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/29/2001 12:39:56 PM EDT
Hi there, I would like to know if an AR with the upper modified to fire simunition only (live round will not be able to chamber anymore) would be consider an assault weapon in California ? Thanks in advanced.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:41:52 PM EDT
Yes. Any AR-15 type lower receiver, with the POSSIBLE exception of DPMS' single-shot model (which has no magazine well and non-standard takedown and pivot pin holes), is a California AW regardless of what kind of upper you put on it. Even a stripped bare lower with no fire control parts is a California AW. In the eyes of both the federal and state governments, the numbered part, i.e. the lower receiver, IS the firearm and everything that attaches to it unregulated (just parts).
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 1:56:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hycheng: Hi there, I would like to know if an AR with the upper modified to fire simunition only (live round will not be able to chamber anymore) would be consider an assault weapon in California ? Thanks in advanced.
View Quote
Since Simunition is for non-civilian use only, I would think this would not be a concern. Any LEO can get the pre-ban upper or complete firearm for department use. If I can help, please ask. Sincerely, Mark Buda Triple Break Products Voice: (603) 424-0923 FAX: (603) 429-0479 Email: buda@TripleBreakProducts.com Web: http://www.TripleBreakProducts.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:33:49 AM EDT
If it's for a LEO he won't have to be concerned if it is an AW or not. I haven't heard simunitions is LEO only, I thought I saw a public training facility or two that used it. Where did you hear that?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:39:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BKinzey: I haven't heard simunitions is LEO only, I thought I saw a public training facility or two that used it. Where did you hear that?
View Quote
To be able to sell it, I had to agree to sell it only to non-civilian/LEO. Sincerely, Mark Buda Triple Break Products Voice: (603) 424-0923 FAX: (603) 429-0479 Email: buda@TripleBreakProducts.com Web: http://www.TripleBreakProducts.com
Top Top