Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2001 5:53:23 PM EDT
When making a preban barrel post ban legal, do you have to remove the entire bayo lug down to the barrel or can you just attack it with the grinder to make it not functional? Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
There's been no official ruling on this matter.  If you just remove the latching surfaces, it won't mount a bayonet lug any longer and [b]should[/b] be OK.

Safest bet is still to remove it entirely, though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can't mount a bayonet to it then it's legal!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm waiting for my kit to arrive(it's preban). I'm not gonna hesitate whackin that lug off!! As for the threads I have made my own muzzle brake and after I screw it on I'm gonna mig weld it. CUT IT OFF CLEAN! There is no need to look preban when postban is a refined rifle forced apon us by UNCLE SAM!  
 MY 2 CENTS
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If BATF can duct-tape a bayonet onto the rifle and stab something with it, I'm sure they'll consider the "stub" to be a functional bayonet lug.

-Troy
View Quote

Probably true, Troy, but I can duct tape a bayonet on any gun and stab.  We're all screwed!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I said WHACK IT OFF!!! I cant stress it enough.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]
WACK IT......the bayonet lug that is.....
I drill a hole in them and put,em on my key chain..........
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WACK IT......the bayonet lug that is.....
I drill a hole in them and put,em on my key chain..........
View Quote

....because you never know when you will have to mount a bayonet to your key chain!

hehehe...just messin' with ya'

medcop
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#11]
While the ATF is duct taping the bayonet on they could hack the barrel down and make a unregistered SBR, or duct tape a grenade launcher to it, or duct tape the stock far out on the buffer tube, then closer, ya know a telescoping stock, or how about duct taping a flash hider on.  I think the safest bet if you own a AR is to not own a barrel.  This will keep you compliant.  If you decide to take the risk make sure you do not own any duct tape or hack saws thus you may perhaps avoid being prosecuted for conspiracy to do some duct taping in violation of a law one guy has been found guilty of violating.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top