Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 5:16:29 PM EDT
ok i know a handgun cant go thru USPS

as far as i understanbd it if i were to ship a longgun i could go down to the post office with the gun in a box with a copy of the FFL it was going to and just mail it like anyother package am i correct in assuming this?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That's correct.  And it only has to go to an FFL if going out of state.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for quick answer circuits just wanted to make sure i had my facts correct
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't have to have a copy of the FFL it is going to. You are supposed to inform them it is a long gun, I believe, but when I did it seemed to confuse them. They did ask if it was unloaded, so make sure it is!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ok i know a handgun cant go thru USPS

as far as i understanbd it if i were to ship a longgun i could go down to the post office with the gun in a box with a copy of the FFL it was going to and just mail it like anyother package am i correct in assuming this?
View Quote

Dealer to dealer can use USPS to ship handguns.  Must fill out a form 1508.

For a long gun you can ship it to an FFL without problem via USPS.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top