Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2001 5:36:47 AM EDT
Hi fellas, I was wondering if in NJ it is still legal to buy a pre-ban AR-15. I know 30 rd magazines are illegal to import into NJ but I believe that I can still can buy an AR-15. So if I got a pre ban 30 rd clip, is that legal? Thanks for you help gang.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I was at Sarco's yesterday , I have'nt been there in a while and was surprised to see them selling USGI 30 rounders blocked to 15. Blocking the mags consisted of a piece of wood. They suggest keeping the receipt of sale with you and not blocking your own mags for legal reasons.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Forrest has it right.  No pre-ban anythings, nothing that actually says "AR15" on it and blocked mags.  Post ban features on clones or Colt Sporters or SP1s are OK.

There's a way to the actual laws if'n you're interested.  [url]www.nationalccw.com/[/url] Wait for the whole stupid page to load and hit the NJ CCW link at the bottom.  That page has a link to NJ's assgun laws.

All that said, nobody  in NJ has ever asked about my ASA-15 or even mags.  That includes local cops, state cops & various Feds.

Great fun.
Norm
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
SP1's and Sporter II's will both say "AR-15" on the side, Norm.

Most of the later models (post 1989) no longer have AR-15 on the side, as Colt made them specifically to get around Roberti-Roos (which bans "AR-15" by name) in California.

Match HBAR, Sporter Target, Match Target, etc should be OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top