Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2001 5:16:36 AM EDT
The fake tele on my LEGP is too long for my taste.  Can anyone tell me who will permamently pin a preban telestock for me in the postition I desire or how to do it?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the ATF has ruled that one cannot simply "fix" a pre-ban collapsible stock in order to transform it into a post-ban stock.

I think the ATF has ruled that you need a full length buffer tube to preclude any possible return to pre-ban condition.

Help me out here guys?  Is this just a nasty rumor or is what I have heard true?

BTW, if I'm wrong...

Just epoxy the stock into the postion that you want and ensure it is fixed with a "blind-pin".
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
ATF has not issued an official ruling on fixing telestocks, but they have also never approved a design submitted to them based on fixing a formerly collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll have to check my handy-dandy ATF FFL manual.  I think (repeat: think) I saw a ruling on this in that manual.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top