Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2001 3:25:18 AM EDT
Can I purchase a Colt Government Carbine serial # is GC0213xx. I'm not a LEO. According to the serial numbers lists that I have seen only GC018500 and below are preban. This weapon is not marked LEO, but the serial number is higher than GC018500. Can I own it legally?? It has factory flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and bayo lug.  Help!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Colt at 800-962-COLT(2658). They will tell you the date of manufacture at no charge.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Come on where is my legal expert!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably no.

If the serial number is outside the known preban range for the model, then it's illegal for you to own in that configuration, just like it'd be illegal for you to put a pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower.  Neither one is marked LEO only, and neither one would be legal.

Call Colt and verify that it's pre or post ban, and you'll know.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a post ban LEO rifle.  Manufactures where no required to mark them LEO until June of 1995.  The rifle is restricted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top