Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:37:59 PM EDT
I had placed an order for a RRA 9mm Carbine quite a while ago and filled out the paper work for a transfer to go through a local shop. Unfortunately, after I talked to the dealer I called the shop to let them know it was on the way and the owner said something along the lines of "I don't know what I can do. . . I'm selling the business/moving the business." I talked to him a little today and he sounded like he was dragging his feet.

I basically asked him that if he cannot transfer the rifle for me to promptly tell the PO to return to sender and I'll have it shipped out to another dealer of my choosing. I'd have to pay another shipping charge.

What else could be done? He gave me the number of another dealer and asked me to ask him if he could help. The other dealer said that if I called dealer and gave him a copy of his FFL, perhaps he could sign for and transfer the gun.

I'm a little perturbed, to say the least. I would figure that since the original FFL had my information on file he would've called me and let me know that he would no longer be able to recieve the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:22:31 AM EDT
nobody has any opinions. . .

Needless to say the dealer and his new shop would be the first shop on my blacklist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:39:13 PM EDT
update if anyone cares. . .

talked to someone from the gunshop. Shop is out of business, not opening another. Talked to P.O. and they took a message for the postmaster. Will call the shop (still doing accounting stuff there) to get permission to return to sender so my gun can ship out to another FFL. Otherwise I have to wait 15 days and then they'll return to sender. Downside is I'll have to pay for the shipping again, but hopefully I'll have my gun soon.
Top Top