Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 9:45:22 AM EDT
Okay, so we know that you can't have "assualt rifles" in Kalifornia. I currently have an AK-47 (SAR-1) and will "soon" have a Colt CR6724. Anyone want to list other states and what laws they have regarding assault rifles. I live in Utah. Currently no bans on assault weapons (other than the 1934 federal stuff wrt full-auto). I've already lived in Illinois where I had to have FOID (Firearm Owners ID) card & I don't want to go through that nonsense again. I'm moving next year (after my son graduates from high school) and am specifically interested in Ohio, Washington, Virginia, Oregon, and Colorado since those are all places I might move to. Which states have NO assualt weapons ban and NO firearms registration and NO firearms owner licensing/registration? Thanks - CD [:\]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 9:52:37 AM EDT
Good ole' Texas doesn't have any of that crap...
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:16:54 AM EDT
No statewide crap in Colorado - although the City of Denver bans "assault weapons" to include evil AR-15's and AK types.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2001 7:05:05 PM EDT by Sixgun357]
What about Nevada. If I had to do it all over again thats where I would do it. Six
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:17:27 PM EDT
No hunting allowed with weapons having full auto capabilities is all I can think of in Lousiana. Local shooting range rules is notification that your are going to shoot full auto so they can schedule you in. Don't recall even a limit on magazine capacity while hunting. I think most states is 3 or 5 max ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:41:31 PM EDT
You might want to try the states DOJ website for the most accurate info. If you want easier info then try the NRA or the GOA. [url]www.nra.org[/url] [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] Alex
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:49:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2001 2:13:06 PM EDT by Hallmark_Ent]
Virginia is OK, concealed carry is a positive. VA does allow machineguns, supressors, etc, and getting the CLEO signoff isn't too tough unless you live in a few areas. With regards to the one handgun a month law in VA, I think everyone should buy at least one handgun a month.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:26:42 PM EDT
Come on over here to Tennessee. We don't have any of that garbage and we have four full seasons* a year. *except Winter which lasts about a month.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:21:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green_Furniture: Come on over here to Tennessee. We don't have any of that garbage and we have four full seasons* a year. *except Winter which lasts about a month.
View Quote
a month of winter? dammit make room im coming over!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:07:53 PM EDT
In Louisiana my wife mows grass all 4 seasons. I don't mow grass because I hate it. It makes finding expended shell casings hard to find. I have to use my "Metal Detector" (Fisher 1266-X)to find brass at times. I'm originally from Montana, but, what I like about the South in general is that the "2nd Amendment" means something, Democrats are generally more conservative that other states, food is great, people are generally more friendly and I have a 100 yard range on my property. I've lived in Kalifornia (San Diego, Jacumba, Los Angeles, Port Hueneme, Barstow, Needles, etc.) Beautiful state, but unfortunately, the state has become a haven for every "Liberal, Anti-Gun, Anti-War, Anti-Military, Anti-United States Weirdos' in the world. I won't list all the perverted stuff they are "Pro" on. I will never visit the state again because of the gun laws concerning traveling with firearms in that state.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:57:43 PM EDT
Ohio- Only the large cities have AW bans, state is C3 friendly. NO CCW, Dayton has firearm ID card, don't think anybody complied, any magazine loaded over 31 round is a "machine gun".
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:34:16 PM EDT
So are you saying that we should add Ohio to the list of states we wouldn't want to live in?
Top Top