Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 2:59:12 PM EDT
Pretty simple question,what is the legality of FTF transfers for a long gun?I know in state is fine.However,what if the person lives across the border in another state?

I have been told by a local FFL that FTF transfers are illegal for handguns unless in state.Yet,long guns are ok.

Can anyone shed some light on this?A friend of mine and I were talking about this and neither of us had an answer so I wanted some clarity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You can purchase a long gun in a FTF from an FFL in any state.
You cannot as a non-FFL transfer accross state lines.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds reasonable.Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can purchase a long gun in a FTF from an FFL in any state.

That is not true at all....... with Nazi states around, residents cannot go to another state and purchase a prohibited weapon in their state.

In fact, there is a list of what states FFLs here will sell to. Kalifornistan is not one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? [Back]

A person may only buy a firearm within the person's own state, except that he or she may buy a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any state, provided the sale complies with state laws applicable in the state of sale and the state where the purchaser resides. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

Move from Kalifornia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top