Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:13:00 PM EDT
i am in the process of getting the corporate info together to send with my form 1 so i may build a short barreled rifle. i have a couple of questions about what exactly i need to send the BATFE with my completed  form 1. Here is what i can think of any thoughts or additions would be greatly appreciated.

1. articles of incorporation

2. minutes/corporate resolution showing me being voted in on the board of directors and  an officer of the corporation.

3. regards something i read on arfcom but cant find now. do i need to add to the corporate articles that it is ok for the corporation to own guns or is this step not necessary?

I have my completed form 1, certificate of citizenship both in duplicate and my check ready to be sent. i dont think i am missing anything, am i?

would i send all corporate info in duplicate also?

thanks newb edited to include State of Texas seal for incorporation
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My business isn't Inc., so all I sent in was a copy of my business license and the business document with the a seal.

I only sent in one copy. They said they didn't need the business license info, but it saves them looking it up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks RPD. since this is my first i would rather send too much, i guess. i will send articles of incorportraion along with the state seal. the minutes showing me an officer is only 1 extra page so i will include also. i will send one copy. should go out today. cant wait to build the sbr.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The business way is much faster than the person way. No background checks, just a quick investigation and they are done.

A friend had his approval in less than 30 days while another waited 3 1/2 months since he used himself as the applicant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top