Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 1:30:26 PM EDT by lemanster]
i am in the process of getting the corporate info together to send with my form 1 so i may build a short barreled rifle. i have a couple of questions about what exactly i need to send the BATFE with my completed form 1. Here is what i can think of any thoughts or additions would be greatly appreciated.

1. articles of incorporation

2. minutes/corporate resolution showing me being voted in on the board of directors and an officer of the corporation.

3. regards something i read on arfcom but cant find now. do i need to add to the corporate articles that it is ok for the corporation to own guns or is this step not necessary?

I have my completed form 1, certificate of citizenship both in duplicate and my check ready to be sent. i dont think i am missing anything, am i?

would i send all corporate info in duplicate also?

thanks newb edited to include State of Texas seal for incorporation
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:24:03 PM EDT
My business isn't Inc., so all I sent in was a copy of my business license and the business document with the a seal.

I only sent in one copy. They said they didn't need the business license info, but it saves them looking it up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:59:43 AM EDT
Thanks RPD. since this is my first i would rather send too much, i guess. i will send articles of incorportraion along with the state seal. the minutes showing me an officer is only 1 extra page so i will include also. i will send one copy. should go out today. cant wait to build the sbr.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:18:17 AM EDT
The business way is much faster than the person way. No background checks, just a quick investigation and they are done.

A friend had his approval in less than 30 days while another waited 3 1/2 months since he used himself as the applicant.
Top Top