Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 5:00:36 PM EDT
Well, I always wondered what would happen when if which is unlikely the goverment said lets take away all the guns in america. There are in 1999 240 million guns and 280 million people. Now there is 298 million people and most likely alot more then 240 million guns. If the goverment gave the go ahead what would happen? Would they go door to door and search every house? Would they look something up that said how many I have?

I as a person in this unlikely event would stock up some .300 weatherby ammo and wait for them to nock on my door. I think it would be a sad day if it did happen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly there's something in the CoC that makes this a thin line... but I haven't read it recently.

I believe 90% of law-abiding gun owners will turn their guns in, 9% will hold on to them (either burying them like pussies, or just hiding them in their houses), and less than 1% will consider using them as the US Constitution intended.

Though, in reality, our rights will be slowly removed (California style) to avoid incidents and to desensitize people to gun confiscation.  If all of the sudden, tomorrow everything were banned... I could imagine significantly higher numbers of people willing to use them the way the Constitution intended.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So it is gonna be like cancer and they are gonna kill us slowly? So after that they start the mass murderings of people?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So it is gonna be like cancer and they are gonna kill us slowly? So after that they start the mass murderings of people?

That or the country goes bankrupte and collapses like Rome did and then... it won't matter.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That or the country goes bankrupte and collapses like Rome did and then... it won't matter.

At this rate this is going to happen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O wait don't we have all that gold in fort Knox and i also thought we had all the gold in the federal reserve? Why don't we take that and pay some bills with it?
edit: Couldn't we just dig some more up? Why doesn't the goverment buy some land and put in a gold mine?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O wait don't we have all that gold in fort Knox and i also thought we had all the gold in the federal reserve? Why don't we take that and pay some bills with it?

Money ain't backed by gold anymore.
It's as worthless as the paper you wipe your ass with.
Our coins are simalarly worthless - just pot metal.
Our lack of hard currency will be our downfall.
The parallels to the Roman Empire are just frightening.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
[The parallels to the Roman Empire are just frightening.

... And Caligula left office in 2000
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I believe 90% of law-abiding gun owners will turn their guns in, 9% will hold on to them (either burying them like pussies, or just hiding them in their houses), and less than 1% will consider using them as the US Constitution intended.

I Guess I am One of the Few, Proud 1%

MOLON LABE!

Nathan

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I Guess I am One of the Few, Proud 1%

MOLON LABE!

Nathan

+1. You are not alone.  If/when anything like this transpires, it will be the slightly crazy (brave) people with nothing to lose and no fear of breaking rules who put up a good fight.  Fortunately, it should be quite a while before the country falls apart (I estimate another century or two) and we'll all be dead by then.  Major changes will have to occur before the country is in real jeopardy, things such as major revisions to the Constitution, disbanding Congress or the Supreme Court and we'll likely have to have a true dictator/tyrant (Bush doesn't even compare to the real deal) take over, too.  Basically, the shit will have to hit the fan in a big way that can't be ignored.  Fortunately, we have history to guide us.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
And the govt. needs to find people willing to take guns....

Sorry, but I won't be knocking on any doors asking for firearms.......unless you are giving them away for my stockpile

The liberal agenda is a slippery slope...If Hillary runs, we at least know we'll have a Repub for another 4 years!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

edit: Couldn't we just dig some more up? Why doesn't the goverment buy some land and put in a gold mine?

You do not understand our banking system.  The money that we base our economy on does not really exist.  The gold in Ft Knox isnt worth jack shit compared to our bills.  You can give loans to people that are only a percentage of the reciepts you have as a bank.  So if you can loan more money than you have where did that money on paper come from?  It is not real... it is simply backed by the peoples confidence and the Federal Reserve banking system.  This happens on and on down the line.  A guy gets a loan for money that does not exist and deposits it in a bank... that bank can lend his money out at a percentage greater than what was deposited... and that money did not even exist in the forst place.  So not only do we not have any gold to back our currency we do not even have the paper money to back what is on computers that exist in theoretical bank accounts.  The money does not actually exist.  This is why we have such a strong and growing economy.  This is also why our entire financial system will collapse one day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do not understand our banking system.  The money that we base our economy on does not really exist.  The gold in Ft Knox isnt worth jack shit compared to our bills.  You can give loans to people that are only a percentage of the reciepts you have as a bank.  So if you can loan more money than you have where did that money on paper come from?  It is not real... it is simply backed by the peoples confidence and the Federal Reserve banking system.  This happens on and on down the line.  A guy gets a loan for money that does not exist and deposits it in a bank... that bank can lend his money out at a percentage greater than what was deposited... and that money did not even exist in the forst place.  So not only do we not have any gold to back our currency we do not even have the paper money to back what is on computers that exist in theoretical bank accounts.  The money does not actually exist.  This is why we have such a strong and growing economy.  This is also why our entire financial system will collapse one day.

mmmmmmmmmm capitalism
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Look out for flying glass.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Every financial system is based on nothing.  Things have value because we say they do.  People always point out that paper currency isn't backed by anything.  Guess what, neither is gold.  At the end of the day, it's just a rock.  You can't eat it, you can't drink it, you can't breathe it.  It has no value other than the value we as humans place on it.  

It really is no more secure than paper money.  True, gold has historically been able to hold its' perceived value during turbulent times, but it's still just an illusion.  Currency is just paper, and gold is just a mineral.  Everything else that has been attached to them is just smoke and mirrors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top