Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 4:02:07 AM EDT
Anyone ever changed their CWP to a non-resident permit?  I,ve recently moved from Florida (who I inderstand issues nonresident cards) to NC (who doesn't recognize any other states) and wonder if it is possible to change the status of my permit?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the back of your license.  It says "Direct Inquiries To: Florida Department of State, Division of Licensing, Post Office Box 6687, Tallahassee, Florida 32314-6687 850/488-5381."  I had a problem with mine and was perplexed as to how to correct it from California when I noticed the number on the back of the license and gave them a call.

They are very nice, friendly people who will help you change the address on your license and your status to a non-resident, most likely, but not necessarily, over the phone.  They can even send you a new license with your new address on it.  My transaction took about five minutes and the new license showed up in two weeks.  

They will require a new fingerprint card every time you renew as a non-resident, and the fee will be a bit higher, but it's not really a big deal.  Changing to a non-resident status may require the fingerprint card now, to make sure that they are talking with the actual licensee.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you planning on getting a NC Permit? I have one if you got any questions E-mail me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Dave_G and Adtecharms.  I'll call today. Have already picked the CWP class we're going to take. Found a 4.5 hour class instead of the 12 hours.

bulkhead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top