Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/23/2006 4:07:15 PM EDT
I saw a original Anarchists cookbook at a yard sale this past summer, so I thought what the hell I bought only a buck. Anyway a friend of mine told me that owning that book can get me considdered a terroist under the Patriot Act. I think hes full of it but is he? If so, so much for the 1st Amendment.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:23:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 11:26:19 AM EDT by sprayandpray]
Slam fire
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:25:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mstennes:
I saw a original Anarchists cookbook at a yard sale this past summer, so I thought what the hell I bought only a buck. Anyway a friend of mine told me that owning that book can get me considdered a terroist under the Patriot Act. I think hes full of it but is he? If so, so much for the 1st Amendment.
Thanks,
Mike

I have heard that kind of thing for years , as i understand it anything can get you labeled a terrorist these days, If POTUS wakes up and says god told me in a dream last night mstennis is a terrorist, whamo you are now labeled a terrorist, will you find it more difficult to get on an airplane , yes. HOWEVER prosocuting something like that is a differant story.

If it makes you that nervous send it to me , I'll give you a dollar for it. I can always use another copy. <Yes I said ANOTHER !!!! let's see how much fun my fleight in March becomes >
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:26:30 AM EDT
Having fertilizer and diesel fuel will get you labled a terrorist. Dosen't matter that you have a big garden and a diesel truck
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT by mstennes]
I guess I'm screwed than as I raise apples and we used to use 34-0-0 for the trees. Now that the Patriot Act is going strong the DOHS decided we cant have that any more but we have about 20 tons left and yes our tractors run on diesel so we have bulk #2 HS diesel also about a 1000 gallons. I guess I'll call the cops now...........
Mike
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:40:05 AM EDT
"The Tracking Node is Activated; Say again, The Tracking Node is Activated!"
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:43:10 AM EDT
P.S. You should have kept quiet about this Evil Book- Now "THEY" KNOW that "YOU" have "IT"
How many dogs do you have?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:38:31 AM EDT
Users of the cookbook can often be identified by the missing fingers and other body parts.
Many of the items mentioned and described either do not work or work all to well at an inopportune time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:24:20 AM EDT
I know, its just fun reading. A good place to take your mind away for awhile. Plus it was a original not the reprint.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:52:58 AM EDT
The Anarchist's Cookbook really sucks. Their chili recipe is disgusting, and the bbq chicken is way too sweet. I'd stick with Betty Crocker.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:13:16 AM EDT
Don't worry about it - just stick it up on your shelf next to your copies of "soul on Ice" by Eldridge Cleaver, "Steal this Book " by Abbie Hoffman, and your old copies of "Mother Jones"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 11:23:19 AM EDT by JohnTheTexican]
The Anarchist's Cookbook and Shotgun News were listed in the Waco search warrant as evidence of of the evil intentions of the Branch Dividians:

Howell stated he thought that the gun control laws were ludicrious, because an individual could easily acquire a firearm and the necessary parts to convert it to a machinegun, but if a person had the gun and the parts together they would be in violation of the law. On another occasion, Howell told him that he was interested in acquiring the "Anarchist's Cook Book", which I know is a publication outlining clandestine operations to include instructions and formulas for manufacturing improvised explosive devices.

and this:

During his time at the Mount Carmel Center Mr. Block was present several occasions when Howell would sk if anyone had any knowledge about making hand grenades or converting semi-automatic rifles to machineguns. At one point he also heard discussion about a shipment of inert hand grenades and Howell's intent to reactiviate them. Mr. Block stated that he observed at the compound published magazines such as, the "Shotgun News" and other related clandestine magazines. He heard extensive talk of the existence of the "Anarchist Cook Book".

Expect a visit from the ATF any time now. And say goodbye to your dog.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:05:56 PM EDT
What's with the references to dogs? Does that pertain to something in the book? Or does it simply refer to the pleasure the feds take in killing the pets of their "suspects?"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:19:10 PM EDT
It's nothing about the book.

We know for a fact that the shooting at Ruby Ridge started when the Feds shot the kid's dog. It seems pretty clear that the shooting at Waco started when the Feds shot the dogs too. And then there have been a bunch of other threads about LEO's shooting people's pets on the flimsiest excuses. It's become a running joke around here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 3:26:45 PM EDT by mstennes]
Dont forget they use snipers to shoot mothers holding their babies behind doors
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:51:10 PM EDT
Rather grim, although reality based humor. In other words, if you don't automatically default to boot licking submission, be ready to see them "try" to kill every creature that you love.

It does help to clarify things, though.
Top Top