Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 2:28:58 PM EDT
Okay, I'm trying to buy a couple shotguns from an FFL from another state.  I have an Illinois ID but live full-time  in Colorado and would like the transfer to go to an FFL in Colorado.

Is this even possible without a Colorado ID?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Fed Law allows the purchase of long guns in ANY state (from an FFL ONLY), as long as the state laws also allow the transaction.

Thus, I'm from MA and if I were to visit CO and want a long gun, I could buy it with my MA ID legally from an FFL. This assumes that CO law would allow such a transaction (for instance NO NRs can buy anything in MA due to MA laws).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Okay, I'm trying to buy a couple shotguns from an FFL from another state.  I have an Illinois ID but live full-time  in Colorado and would like the transfer to go to an FFL in Colorado.

Is this even possible without a Colorado ID?  

My question would be why don't you have a Colorado ID?  Most states require you to obtain their drivers' licenses and vehicle registrations within a certain period after moving into the state.  Unless you are in the military or just in the state as a full time college student, you should have Colorado ID.  That could affect the transfer.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top