Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 3:59:22 PM EDT
I'm buying stripped AR lowers from another resident of the state.

He's going to just ship them to me upon reciept of the MO.

We are both state residents.

Is this legal?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It is here in FL.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That's illegal. Any firearm shipped needs to go to an FFL. Face to face is what you can do here
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Completely legal as long as there are no state laws to prevent it.  FFL's only need to get involved if the transaction crosses state lines.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Two out of three responses to this post are correct.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
why don't you just FTF it?  Save yourself the legal questions, and be able to inspect before you lay down $.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's illegal. Any firearm shipped needs to go to an FFL. Face to face is what you can do here

Why do you post as if you know the answer to his question when you obviously have no idea?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you post as if you know the answer to his question when you obviously have no idea?  hr

No need to be a dickhead. Apparently it is legal. I learned something new today. This is why you should not take this forum as strict legal advice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you post as if you know the answer to his question when you obviously have no idea?  

No need to be a dickhead. Apparently it is legal. I learned something new today. This is why you should not take this forum as strict legal advice.

You learned TWO new things today:

1 - It's legal.
2 - Don't post answer someone's legal question in an absolute manner if you don't know the answer.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Tony,

Why is it every time I find someone wanting to sell in Cali they claim they have to use a store to "do paperwork and a 10 day waiting period" if it is a FTF?

Is this State law? How is a personal sale done FTF considered something that qualifies for the law needing to get involved? Or is it just that the State is greedy and looking for a cheap and easy way to make a buck?

..."transaction tax"...

I get the impression "FTF" is a false advertisement in Cali these days, since there is no sale until *after* the wait on a personal transaction...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:37:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Tony,

Why is it every time I find someone wanting to sell in Cali they claim they have to use a store to "do paperwork and a 10 day waiting period" if it is a FTF?

Is this State law? How is a personal sale done FTF considered something that qualifies for the law needing to get involved? Or is it just that the State is greedy and looking for a cheap and easy way to make a buck?

..."transaction tax"...

I get the impression "FTF" is a false advertisement in Cali these days, since there is no sale until *after* the wait on a personal transaction...

Just about all firearms transfers in California have to be processed through a California licensed dealer.  One exception is for C&R rifles and shotguns that are over 50 years old.  They do not need FFL involvement between California residents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top