Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 6:44:54 PM EDT
I recently recieved a shooters supply catalog that is selling, "new m16 burst control kit".  They do not require you to send in an FFL copy, or form 4 to recieve this kit.  Bushmaster also sells this kit, they require a form 4, or FFL to ship it.  My question is, can Shooters supply do this?  I am told that in order to get m16 parts, no matter what part it is, a form 4 or FFL is needed.  Is this accurate???
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No form is required to purchase the parts, but companies that sell these parts and also sell rifles will generally require the form or FFL to cover themselves.

Of course, the tri-burst parts kits do you no good unless you've got an M16 with an auto sear, or a drop-in auto sear.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm aware other part are involved, just wondered if they were treading on thin ice.[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top