Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/16/2001 11:48:54 AM EDT
is it legal to put a 37mm flare launcher on a post ban weapon? these are not considered a Destructive device, but are they considered a grenade launcher?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2001 12:02:18 PM EDT by prebans]
It's all good [b][u]unless[/u][/b] you attach it to a post-ban in California. Mike EDITED to note that the type of 37mm "rounds" you possess may be a different story on a state-by-state basis.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:07:21 PM EDT
Federal law considers a 37 mm launcher a signaling device and as such not a DD. However, if you possess exposive projectiles (i.e. grenades) that can be launched through one, it IS a DD. That said, I believe federal law allowsa 37 mm launcher to be attached to a post-ban or any other firearm. State laws vary. Here in the Occupied California Republic a 37 mm launcher is kosher (signaling device exemption from DD definition) unless it is designed to be attached to a firearm. That makes Bushmaster's launcher a no-no in the OCR whether you have a firearm or not. (California's definition of "assault weapon" includes "grenade or flare launcher" as an Evil Feature, so anything resembling an M-209 puts you on Double Golden Slasher Time.) Please check with someone familiar with Florida law.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:38:25 PM EDT
is that you tracy???mmk
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:41:02 AM EDT
yep, it's me kirk
Top Top