Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 9:53:34 PM EDT
I guess recent efforts to build a weapons scanner to see through clothing is in vain. The use of hi-tech devices will not be allowed without a warrent. News at the "scales of justice" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com
or
http://www.homestead.com/njccw/nationalccw.html
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Chuck it will, Epecially if used against someone's home. The Supreme Court Ruled that to look at something inside a home or person, you must have a warrant. Will the liberals over turn that someday, probally, but for now the law protects us!
-Chuck Bost
[sniper]
-
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Chuck is right.  What "they" do is use the illegal search to confirm/deny their suspicions; THEN, if their suspicions are confirmed, they find a legal way to get the evidence.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Well - and only being somwhat of a wag -  one way of making such devices useless is to make them irrelevant...  

...everyone of right mind begins to carry under their coat small plastic/metallic "blob" objects having an L shape (and of varying sizes so devices don't get a fix on any one size as being fakes)

-Bill
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think Chuck is right.  What "they" do is use the illegal search to confirm/deny their suspicions; THEN, if their suspicions are confirmed, they find a legal way to get the evidence.
View Quote

You're exactly right.  And if they're not right, then "nothing ever happened" - you're protected, in ignorance, in your privacy.  Question is, how do they get away with finding LEGAL means to search the house?  They call you up and say "Your neighbor called and said you're um...growing pot.  We're coming to confiscate your house of pot...and um...any weapons we may happen to stumble upon in the process".  I need an answer!

Conspiracy theory?  Nah, just your tax dollars at work.  You have been served.

[brown]Evil Jew~[/brown]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top