Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Vendor ?

Or it did not happen
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you asking what the laws say or what the ATF says? Because the answers are often not the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suppose. Although "very dumb" might be a little extreme. In my plebe citizen mind the serialized part (lower receiver) is the "firearm", the one piece we have to acquire from an FFL, so assembling some uppers to sell doesn't even immediately strike me as too outlandish.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that could reasonably be my initial thought. Am I not allowed to buy stripped upper receivers and resell them? How about handguards? What if I drop Magpul front sights on a couple handguards, can I then not sell them? Everything about this stuff is deliberately vague, confusing, and arbitrary to the extent that rules always stacked against law-abiding gun owners can be considered "arbitrary".

Are you asking what the laws say or what the ATF says? Because the answers are often not the same.
Yup

Now I still want to know who the vendor is. Although in this twisted-up world they still have one obvious out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Perhaps the OP is worried about a defamation suit and wants to consult an attorney to make sure he doesn't step on his dick.

That seems to be a pretty legitimate reason not to name the vendor at this time.
View Quote

That’s not what he said.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
....As to the OP; here's what I suspect happened.  ATF probably has implemented a rule to the large manufactures to report large sales; to which they WILL comply, or else - type deal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
....As to the OP; here's what I suspect happened.  ATF probably has implemented a rule to the large manufactures to report large sales; to which they WILL comply, or else - type deal.  

Such a rule would be common knowledge. It isn't. Any manufacturer being asked by ATF to do something not required by a regulation would go running to NSSF, his congressman, etc. They haven't.

ATF has discretion to pull a license for any violation, and they are very good at finding meaningless little violations by someone somewhere.  

No, they don't. Revocation proceedings require due process. Not abiding by imaginary secret rules isn't a violation for starters. It takes quite a bit of errors, ommisions and meaningless little violations to even get a warning letter. There are plenty of gun dealers who can't account for dozens of firearms that still hold an FFL.

Just like they did to border state gun-stores, who have to report the purchase of more than one gun within the same week.

Uh, no we don't.

Stop passing along third hand knowledge about the gun business.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Uh, no we don't.

View Quote

Is it not still a requirement for border state gun dealers to report certain transactions?
" The agency currently requires that multiple sales of certain rifles defined as semi-automatic rifles greater than .22 caliber capable of accepting a detachable magazine be reported if two or more are sold to the same individual during any five consecutive business days."
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is it not still a requirement for border state gun dealers to report certain transactions?
" The agency currently requires that multiple sales of certain rifles defined as semi-automatic rifles greater than .22 caliber capable of accepting a detachable magazine be reported if two or more are sold to the same individual during any five consecutive business days."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no we don't.

Does that sound remotely like what happened?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#7]
$10 says OP won't name the vendor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
We should bet upper parts instead, like dust covers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
No vendor name yet
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not from me
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But that's NOT what he wrote.....he wrote "Just like they did to border state gun-stores, who have to report the purchase of more than one gun within the same week".
Being an FFL in a border stae I'm well aware of the reporting requirements....and reporting more than one gun a week? Nope, not even close. You could buy a hundred AR lowers between now and Friday and nothing is reported. You could buy a handgun, two lowers, three rifles, six shotgun's and a Glock frame today and NOTHING IS REPORTED unless two of those rifles meet the "certain rifle" definition.

All FFL"s (nationwide) must report the multiple sale of HANDGUNS to the same buyer in any five business day period.
FFL's in border states with Mexico must report the sale of "certain rifles" to the same buyer as described below:

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
This isn't going anywhere good.  OP, if you want discussion on this post it in GD.  This is a tech forum and the thread has diverged from tech discussion.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top