Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 1:21:40 PM EDT
I'm going to sound stupid asking this, BUT
Why can a company like USA Mags or Pro Mag manufacture high-cap mags for civilian use, but a firearm company itself cannot manufacture high-cap mags for its rifles manufacturerd for civilian use.
Ex. ArmaLite can only sell me a 10 round mag, but any other off brand company can sell me 20-30 round mags as many as my heart desires. Even though the quality of their product may not be as good as ArmaLite or USGI mags, these mags still work and function for what they were made for.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the deal.  The USA mags/pro-mag are total P.O.S.  So when the company saw the ban coming, they produced these mags buy the crapload. (pun intended)  And gueass what?  after 7 years they still have them in their wharehouse.  Armalite, and many other quality manufacturers either made themselves or had a wuality company make their USGI type mags, which promptly sold like free snowcones in a Texas summer day.

So, long story short, any hicap mag thats being sold to you must be a pre-ban(made 7 years ago) mag to be legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top