Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 12:15:00 PM EDT
I'll be moving within a year.  From AZ to TX.  I already have another house, and my wife and kids have already moved.  

Can I legally ship guns to myself?  I just read that, but I've never heard of it.  

Technically the guns are mine and my wife's (as is everything in the house).
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Cheaper to carry the handguns with you or ship them in a truck with your other chattels, though, as small-package common carriers all require you to use expensive overnight services. Long guns can go USPS or UPS or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  

We are moving in stages.  It's overly complicated, but it's the best way I have.  

Wife and kids moved ahead of me because of school.  We bought more furniture in TX for the new house.  What's left in AZ we will sell and donate.  Will get a pod to move the rest of the crap soon.  It's not much.  

I heard a rumor that the pod doesn't allow guns, but I'll get verification.  

I can not afford the time to drive it.  I make more at work than it's worth driving.   If I'm taking time off, I'll spend it with my kids.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Were it me, I'd pack 'em good and roll it in the pod with all the other boxes, except any carry weapon(s) you could transport with you in your checked bags when you finally fly out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would NOT ask permission of POD, I would just do it. If your goods are insured, they are insured. Since you pack the POD, they have no idea what is in there and I would feel no need to tell them or to ask them. BTW, I have a POD in my yard due to some house repairs being done and whenever I do move, that is the way I'll move everything possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top