Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2017 8:42:57 PM EDT
Can I legally ship an 11.5" Colt AR15 upper with threaded barrel and flash hider to Connecticut? how about the 30 round magazine that came with it?

So annoying all these states have these weird laws.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Upper no problem, 30 round mag not a chance.
This is not a free state!

Edit, the flash hider would have to be pinned and the same for the mag. pinned to hold 10.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That upper can be shipped.

No need to neuter it.

Mags can be shipped to cops for duty use, military personnel and a few others.

Here are some FAQs on CT

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/faqs_06192013.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjmmsHSnfbVAhUFwYMKHXZPA84QFggqMAE&usg=AFQjCNE7MZJEmg0gDczY32cANtTjk5UITA
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
^ Thanks, yeah I'm finding a lot of conflicting info. Seems like I cannot send the upper because the threaded barrel and flash hider are not allowed? aren't they just parts?
I hate all these stupid laws they pass in these random states.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting an upper in the mail this week from an "industry partner" It has the bayonet lug and threaded barrel on it . I'm not hiding my dogs anytime soon. Ship it !
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Any AR in CT at this point is considered an AW. An upper isn't restricted, at all. Federal NFA rules apply, obviously, but that is on the buyer.

LEO and military members with ID are exempt from the laws and can purchase AWs and standard capacity mags.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ship it.... ship it all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top