Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 3:05:48 PM EDT
I haven't done this and sure wouldn't without a letter from the ATF but do you think that this would be legal?

Could I build a single shot AR-15 with one of the California-type lowers that doesn't have a magazine well into a complete rifle using M16 trigger parts?  

Fortunately, I don't live in California so my primary concern is with fedal law.  This is a question that I came up with after reading about the single shot AR-15s lowers for California.  The rifle could not be modified to shoot more than one shot per trigger pull because you have to manually load a new cartridge each time.  There is no place in the lower to insert any type of magazine.

I understand that because the rifle is single shot that it could have all of the features that are banned on semi-autos.  This is a curiosity thing for me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The bigger question is why?

The possession of the M-16 parts and an M-15 in the same household would be bad thing. M-16 parts also cost a couple times more than a given set of M-15 parts which is a bad thing too.

Soooo, why tempt time in the big house doing federal time to use over priced M-16 parts in a rifle that can't fire more than one shot at a time?
View Quote

I'll tell you why!  DPMS has a pump action AR-15 out.  A friend of mine with the Sheriff's office wanted to put M-16 parts in the lower to make it smiliar to an old Ithaca model 37 slam fire pump.  Since the receiver on this DPMS gun can not possibly use a semi auto upper he wanted to know if it would be legal.  The only way to find out would be to write ATF.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top