Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2016 7:03:38 PM EDT
not sure that this is in the right forum, but i didn't see any others that looked more relevant.  if i understand correctly, there are some changes forthcoming around the end of this month concerning gun trusts.  my question is whether or not there are any changes that would make it better to form the trust now as opposed to later.  i think (not sure) that the big change under the new rules is that anyone associated with the trust must undergo fingerprinting, photographing, and background checks when the trust purchases a NFA weapon, whereas now they don't.  i'm not worried about whether folks on the trust have to go through the process; i just was wondering if there are any other changes that would cause one to want to form the trust right now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the armory section and post in Class 3 Legal issues.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason to form a trust now would be that you want to acquire NFA items before the change or you found a good sale price on a trust, that will not be available for the same price in the future.
Forming a trust will be the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top