Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 10:23:51 AM EDT
I watched a live news briefing today by Ari Fleischer, Bush's spokesman, and he said Bush has decided the 1994 AWB should remain and he backs it's extenstion. No word on added features.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]

There are a significant # of congressmen that will vote for the new AWB because Bush supports it.  He is just toooo popular not to.

This hurts us bad....

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What a shitty thing to back. I used to admire W. now, I feel stranded.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get too depressed!!

My opinion is this is a shrewd political move by GW. Carl Rove was quoted on this evening's news stating he doubts an AWB extension bill will ever make it to the President's desk for signature. Even Tom Brokaw was skeptical about the AWB extension getting through Congress.

It appears the NRA is hot and heavy on this, at least that's the appearance in the media. I will be surprised if this even makes it out of committee for a general vote.

This makes it ever more important to keep the pressure on your Representative's and Senators.

It wouldn't hurt to let the NRA know either. I occasionally get a call from an NRA phone solicitor conducting a "poll", but ending with a pitch for more money. I always tell the caller, it depends on what I see in the press concerning NRA efforts to defeat the AWB extension. "The more effort I see, the more money I send to NRA ILA.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I think i'll go out an buy a new Dixie Chicks CD.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think i'll go out an buy a new Dixie Chicks CD.....
View Quote

Ahh, c'mon, there are cheaper targets
[sniper2]                                   [50]
Borg
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
House GOP leader says measure will expire

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/14/bush.gunban/index.html

Besides mag capacity, what would this mean? Would it eliminate the barrel length restrictions? Could I cut off the AK break on my Bushy shorty?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
This is all fucking OLD INFO.  There are probably at least 20 other threads that cover this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top