Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 4:16:57 AM EDT
I am curious about how the law works in regards to pistol barrels with a threaded barrel when you add something to the barrel that makes the overall length over 16-inhes.... I assume, given that the SBR rules only apply to the barrtel itself without something added (ie 14.5-inch M4 barrel without Phanton) is a SBR... With this logic, I assume that if I have a 14.5-inch barrel that I would like to use with an AR-15 pistol lower that I can mount a long flash supressor or a registered silencer on it even though this would make the overall length be greater than 16-inches... Thanks for any advise! FWIW, I have a 14.5-inch barrel that I am going to put together with my Pistol Lower and see if I can get her together and go varminting with her... Oh yea, my pistol lower (Purchased as a Bushmaster stripped as a Pistol Receiver on 4473) is a post-ban so she will have no gas tube making her a charging handle operated bolt action... I will put her together with a KAC FF RAS and a bipod to address the heavy weight of my pistol project...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:54:28 AM EDT
Top Top