Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2002 11:45:22 PM EDT
Greetings, I'm planning on registering my pre-ban Oly Arms AR-15 lower receiver as an SBR. I have a 9mm 11.5"/5.5" barrelled upper to which I am planning to attach an AWC CQB suppressor after the 5.5" flash hider is removed. The suppressor has already been approved, I have the tax stamp in hand [:)] With the very helpful post by SBR7_11 in the "Rimfires and Pistol Calibers" board, I know I have to fill out two copies of ATF Form 1, each with a photo and fingerprint card attached. I will also fill out the citizenship certification form, as recommended at [url]http://www.titleii.com/[/url]. My questions: 1) Am I permitted to have any number of short-barreled upper receivers for this registered lower? I may want a shorty CAR-15 upper in the future. 2) If I'm going to buy other SBR uppers in the future, how do I go about ordering them? Do I just send a copy of the tax stamp to the manufacturer/dealer? 3) When filling out the section dealing with "Why you intend to make firearm", is "Firearms collecting" acceptable? I don't think that writing, "I want an SBR because it's kewl and all the other mall ninjas have them," will cut the mustard. Thanks, Gabe
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:08:22 AM EDT
1) Yes 2) You buy them like any upper, like any firearms replacement parts
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:09:51 AM EDT
1) As long as you've got a legal SBR to mount them on, and don't actually mount a short upper on your non-SBR AR's, I think you'd be OK. 2) If the seller demands a copy of your Form 1 or Form 4, you can choose to provide it or shop elsewhere. Most big makers will want a copy of the F1/F4, although they're not legally required to see it before selling you an upper. 3) "All lawful purposes" is a good catchall. If you want to be more descriptive, try "Collecting, shooting and investing"
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:19:39 AM EDT
Im planning on doing the same thing with an old Preban OLY lower, please keep us updated.
Top Top