Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 4:55:47 AM EDT
I don't think it's going to renewed so I'm selling most of my preban firearms now at high prices. I am keeping anything that was banned from importation by George Sr. in 1989 such HK. As far as the Colts, AKs and FALs are concerned, there will plenty of domestic production configured any way you want in less than two years from now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't be too hasty.....Eugene Stoner could
be Presedent in 2004 and the AWB could still be renewed.

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The big anti-freedom states already have their own bans such as California, so its no skin off the backside of Feinstein and Boxer, heck Feinstein even voted for allowing pilots to have guns. Anti-gun liberals know that gun control is a lose-lose deal for them, so unless they can pass a new bill quickly and quietly, they won't try. Everyone has to make their own decision, 4 preban Colt green labels are gone from my safe and I have over $9k available for other toys.  I can't see the import regs changing so I am a buyer of preban HK, otherwise the price bubble for preban AR's is going to collapse just like tech stocks, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to me like we have plenty of time to dump our over priced pre-bans.  Most don't know a thing about the sunset, and most that do think a new law will come out.  So I bet I can wait till the last month or so, sell, then on 09-14-04 buy me some new rifles and make them into semiautomatic assault rifles and make a fast buck at the same time.  Just don't think I could go the next two years without my pre-bans.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Regardless of your 'safe queens', it's in everyone's best interest to get this ridiculous legislation removed. We are working for that precise action! Make no mistake about it, the anti-gun lobby has their heart set on getting all of your guns, not just the banned. Join us!

[url]http://www.awbansunset.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top