Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 4:03:54 PM EDT
Could someone clarify the rules regarding folding or collapsible stocks?  I was browsing on an auction site and saw some semi Uzi's with folding stocks.  I thought that was illegal.  Does it have something to do with pre and post ban?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't tell you about the Uzi's.

If you own a postban rifle that meets the qualification as a "defined" semi-automatic "assault weapon" then it could have a folding or collapsible stock on it with nothering else.

Lets say that you owned a post ban Mini-14.
It meets that "qualifications" to be CONSIDERED to be a defined "assault weapon":

1.  Semi-automatic rifle
2.  Ability to accept hi-capacity magazines

The Mini-14 does.

Then you could have one of the following items and still NOT be a defined "assault weapon":

1.  Pistol grip
2.  Folding stock ONLY
3.  Collapsable stock ONLY
4.  Flash hider
5.  Ability to mount a grenade launcher
6.  Bayonet lug

Just use a posban AR15 as your example.

Semi-automatic rifle.
Ability to accept hi-capacity magazines.
Pistol grip.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top