Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 4:03:54 PM EDT
Could someone clarify the rules regarding folding or collapsible stocks? I was browsing on an auction site and saw some semi Uzi's with folding stocks. I thought that was illegal. Does it have something to do with pre and post ban? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:01:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:07:25 AM EDT
I can't tell you about the Uzi's. If you own a postban rifle that meets the qualification as a "defined" semi-automatic "assault weapon" then it could have a folding or collapsible stock on it with nothering else. Lets say that you owned a post ban Mini-14. It meets that "qualifications" to be CONSIDERED to be a defined "assault weapon": 1. Semi-automatic rifle 2. Ability to accept hi-capacity magazines The Mini-14 does. Then you could have one of the following items and still NOT be a defined "assault weapon": 1. Pistol grip 2. Folding stock ONLY 3. Collapsable stock ONLY 4. Flash hider 5. Ability to mount a grenade launcher 6. Bayonet lug Just use a posban AR15 as your example. Semi-automatic rifle. Ability to accept hi-capacity magazines. Pistol grip.
Top Top