Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2002 4:13:39 PM EDT
I have sold ( no $$$ transfered yet) an AR to a LEO in CA. ( I'm an FFL dealer).  I am waiting for his dealers FFL.  He says he can get the paperwork required to take possesion of the rifle, which I do not doubt.  CA is so screwy, I just want to get my ducks in a row before I send the rifle.  Can I send an AR to a dealer in CA?  I will dig through the rule book if neccesary, but thought I would start here. TIA
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to here the answer to this question too.

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the CA Doj website, I think you need to send it to a "assualt weapon dealer" [V] Not sure though

[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I understand you can, but it must go to a dealer that is Ca approved to handle the AW's.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I am still investigating, but I know the dealer has some sort of special "Assualt Weapon" license.

If you want some really depressing reading, go to the CA DOJ site and try to read the firearms regulations for CA.  What a load of "bravo sierra"!  How do you right minded thinkers stand living there?  That crap looks like something from Stalins playbook.  Sometimes Indiana looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:...If you want some really depressing reading, go to the CA DOJ site and try to read the firearms regulations for CA.  What a load of "bravo sierra"!  How do you right minded thinkers stand living there?  That crap looks like something from Stalins playbook.  Sometimes Indiana looks pretty good.
View Quote

I can stand it because I have a good job with a good salary, a home that has doubled in value in seven years, family and friends, and the weather is nearly perfect.

The government sucks, the taxes suck, energy costs suck, but the place is very comfortable and the Caliban are spread so thin they don't interfere much with our daily lives..
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, it only takes one Caliban called Davis or Lockyer or Perata to make our lives miserable.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea it needs to go to a place that has an Assault weapons permit. Which area in California are you sending it to? If its in the Bay Area, try calling Traders in San Leandro, they deal with the assault weapons for the cops around here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Effective January 1st 2002 pursuant to senate bill 626 and PC12280, full time paid California peace officers or reserve California peace officers with the authority to arrest and obtain and execute search warrants may purchase California or Federally restricted assault weapons with written permission of their employing agency. Qualifying California law enforcement agencies are; Police, Sheriff, Marshal, CHP, DOJ, District Attorney's, Corrections, Fish & Game, Parks & Recreation and any federal law enforcement agency. All weapons must be purchased from a California licensed assault weapons dealer.

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Reeds in SanJose does as well...
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't had time to get back here lately, but called the CA DOJ last week.  The receiving FFL must have a CA "assualt weapons permit".  This person does, and faxed me a copy.  All is well. P.S. I'm glad I live in Indiana!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top