Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2001 12:36:15 AM EDT
Everyone

On Mar. 26th 2001 Senator Robert Torricelli of NJ introduced Senate Bill S. 601, “Gun Parts Trafficking Act of 2001”.

If you read this bill it will turn you into a criminal if you re-assemble your firearm after cleaning.

This also means NO MORE KITS.

NO MORE UPPER CHANGES TO YOUR AR 15.

No .22 upper changes or parts!!!!

This is being sold to the public as a law that will "close a loophole" that allows criminals to obtain firearms.

THIS IS A MAJOR THREAT TO OUR HOBBY!!

LET's GET THIS KILLED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
See my reaction at the thread t.rex started on this matter.
It looks like building your own gun is going to cost $ for parts [bday] , some sweat [chainsaw] , and then $500 on top of it [puke]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everyone

On Mar. 26th 2001 Senator Robert Torricelli of NJ introduced Senate Bill S. 601, “Gun Parts Trafficking Act of 2001”.

If you read this bill it will turn you into a criminal if you re-assemble your firearm after cleaning.

This also means NO MORE KITS.

NO MORE UPPER CHANGES TO YOUR AR 15.

No .22 upper changes or parts!!!!

This is being sold to the public as a law that will "close a loophole" that allows criminals to obtain firearms.

THIS IS A MAJOR THREAT TO OUR HOBBY!!

LET's GET THIS KILLED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!
View Quote

The bill is S. 609, it has no consponsors and is sitting idle in Senate Judiciary like a lot of extreme anti-gun bills that get introduced every year even though the sponsor makes no effort to move them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in NJ, God help me. Torricelli is kind of tied up in defending himself on allogations of illegal contributions. [beer] [-!-!-]
I dont think he'll have the spare time to push this bill.[8D]
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top