Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2002 3:25:01 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a question that has been answered 1,000 times already - with the search function down I can't find those 1,000 times [>(] I have a Colt Sporter Match HBAR (flash suppressor, no bayonet lug) with a serial number below the pre-ban cutoff from a list I found on biggerhammer, so I assume it is "pre-ban." What can I do with it? Can I buy a new upper with a flash suppressor? With a flash suppressor and bayonet lug? Put a telescoping stock on it? Convert it to auto fire? Add a grenade launcher? Turn it into an OICW? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! And I take back everything I ever said about lawyers! No, really!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:53:55 PM EDT
fudd, all you can do with it is put a pre ban upper on it, and/or a collaspable stock or/and a "37mm flare launcher". convert to full auto is a NO-GO colt
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:22:10 AM EDT
ELMER: I would appreciate it if you could post (or email me) the web address for bighammer. I also need to check out some serial numbers. Thanks badams@fisi.net
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:44:04 AM EDT
Gecko, here is the list I found: [url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:57:46 PM EDT
Elmer: Thanks for the URL. BTW I'm not an expert, but I don't believe coltcarbine is correct. I believe that if you have a pre-ban built as a complete rifle prior to the 1994 ban that you can replace or do anything else (non-NFA) to that gun. Otherwise, why would such notable company's such as Bushmaster, M&A DPMS, etc, sell "replacement" upper's complete with bayo lug, flash suppressor, etc, etc. Thanks again!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:32:07 AM EDT
Elmer: Thanks for the URL. BTW I'm not an expert, but I don't believe coltcarbine is correct. I believe that if you have a pre-ban built as a complete rifle prior to the 1994 ban that you can replace or do anything else (non-NFA) to that gun. Otherwise, why would such notable company's such as Bushmaster, M&A DPMS, etc, sell "replacement" upper's complete with bayo lug, flash suppressor, etc, etc.
View Quote
coltcarbine fudd, all you can do with it is put a pre ban upper on it, and/or a collaspable stock or/and a "37mm flare launcher". convert to full auto is a NO-GO
View Quote
didn't we say the same thing? if it's a preban, do what you want with it. he just can't convert it to full auto.......
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:20:20 AM EDT
Coltcarbine: Yes, you are right we did say the same thing. I guess I was not quite awake when I wrote that post for I made the ASSumption that you were referring to an upper assembled prior to the ban. Sorry about that, please accept my apology! Gecko
Top Top