Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2002 5:38:33 PM EDT
I am looking to purchase from someone here on the boards. They are not in my state, but does not private sale still work? And what does the FFL really do when you have someone send them a gun for you to purchase? Do they do a background check? Inspect the gun? Etc? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:14:06 PM EDT
If you buy a firearm from someone who does not live in the same state as you, it must go through an FFL in your state. A firearm (shipped state-to-state) must ALWAYS be received by an FFL holder. As far as a face-to-face with someone from another state, I belive that is almost always a no-no...but I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:00:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:05:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:08:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:20:26 PM EDT
After he does the background check...can I take it home or do I need to do the "waiting period" thing, even though I was waiting for it from another state?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:01:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By offrdk5: After he does the background check...can I take it home or do I need to do the "waiting period" thing, even though I was waiting for it from another state?
View Quote
Depends on what state you live in. (state law) Its treated exactly the same way as when you buy a gun from the gun shop. If you buy it from the shop, they transfer it to you via the 4473. If you buy it from an individual out of state, they transfer it to you on a 4473. The only difference is who you pay the $$ to.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:30:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate: If you buy a firearm from someone who does not live in the same state as you, it must go through an FFL in your state. A firearm (shipped state-to-state) must ALWAYS be received by an FFL holder.
View Quote
There are exceptions for LEO/Government, etc. mark
Top Top