Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2002 6:07:12 PM EDT
Ok, first let me set the stage...  Had to go to the in-law's this weekend.  I don't hate them or anything, but they can drive ya up a wall after while.  After enduring a couple days, I was probably starting to look like a caged animal, so my wife says "why don't you go check out that gun shop?" and "do you want the checkbook?" woohoo!

So I get there and start looking over the goodies.  Kind of a small shop, but a new one to me. Ask the guy what he's got for AR's.  The first one he hands me is an eagle arms.  A1 upper, skiny barrel, prong-type FH, triangle handgaurds, bayo lug, the whole nine yards.  Price tag says $695.  WTF? this can't be.  Take a closer look - upper has way more wear than the lower, but still...it has to be ok, this is an FFL, not a private sale - he has to know what he's got here, right?  I've been wanting an AR that looks as close to the  m16 I was issued in the late 70's as possible, and here it is - a preban for $695 - SCORE!

"So, what's the story on this - is this a legit preban?" I ask.  "No, it's a postban" he says. "Uh, what about the flash hider and bayo lug?"  "OH, this is how it was when the guy sold it to me."

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
This guy did'nt seem the least concerned, but isn't he risking losing his FFL?  Had I not been doing my homework here at AR15.com, had I just bought it, I'd now be in possession of an [red]ILLEGAL ASSAULT WEAPON[/red], right?

Maybe I worry too much about stuff like this, but I really do like my freedom, and have learned that it's easier to stay out of trouble than it is to get out trouble.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You passed the test brasshopper!  [:K]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top